Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I don't like to brag, but...

I just made homemade spaghetti sauce!  :)  Yep...you can pick yourself up off the floor...I cooked something and I didn't even use any type of measuring cups or a real recipe!  I peeled and seeded and chopped up some tomatoes, chopped up some garlic, onion and green peppers...added it all to a pot and cooked it up a bit...then a bag of tomato paste (they love putting products in bags...mustard, beans, mayo, oil, water, milk...you name it...it's in a bag!).  Anyway...the sauce was looking super thick so I added some water...let it cook up a bit more then blended it all together...wasn't feeling like chunky sauce today.  Then clearly cooked up some pasta (I really wish I had some normal size pots and pans...)...and voila!  The first spaghetti I've had in Honduras that actually tastes like normal spaghetti and now that I've tested the waters we'll see what my next spaghetti sauce turns out like!  :)
The finished product!  I ate it and I'm still alive!  :)
I should also mention that I'm on mini-vacation from school this week...starting today!  We had classes Monday and Tuesday, but the rest of the week off.  So today, other than slaving over the stove I went to get a pedicure!!!  It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are a pretty pink and reminds me of summer and fun...all of you in New England should go get pedicures to boost your spirits and make you think of happier times...the summer will eventually come for you all.  In the meantime...I'll enjoy the 80 degree weather while you're bundled head to toe...

And since I haven't posted in a while I'll continue with this random blog...

I went to the pulperia (little store, usually run out of someones house) the other day looking for some food to cook up for dinner.  I had planned on rice with veggies and some tajadas (fried green bananas).  Well, the Rocky's...the pulperia I went to...was fresh out of the green bananas.  His son happened to be in the store and said he would run to another store and see if they had any, he hopped on his bike and was off.  He said he would deliver them to my house when he found some....about 10 minutes later he showed up with a bundle of bananas for me...when I come back to the States I fully expect this kind of service from all stores!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment