Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tomatoe, Tomato...

Words are a funny thing...especially when in another country.  The other day Lucy asked me if I wanted some jelly...I was slightly confused since clearly you don't just serve jelly, so I was expecting jelly on bread which we have as a snack sometimes.  Well, as she turned the corner, there was no bread...just a bowl...a bowl full of jello!  I love jello so it was a welcomed surprise.  So then I explained to her that it's called jello not jelly...I'm just glad it wasn't a bowl full of jelly!
Another word that sometimes I don't know what I'll be getting is cookie.  They use the word cookie for, well, cookies and also crackers.  So sometimes I get a package of cookies and other times a plate of saltines!

And today for breakfast...a tower of cookies (crackers) with jello (jelly)!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Have a bowl of jelly on me Hen~~ JK. Kind of funny how a simple thing like a letter can change the meaning of something immensely!

    ReplyDelete