Monday, January 3, 2011

MIA

And no I'm not talking about Miami International Airport...

I've been absent from the blog lately...mostly because it doesn't seem as interesting blogging from the USA...

But for those of you who might find some interest in what I've been doing, here's a little recap of my time in the States so far...

I got to hang out with people and eat LOTS of food (it's a good thing I wont be back in the States for 6 months  hahaha)!

I celebrated Christmas with the fam...the morning with my dad and Judy and the afternoon vertually everyone from my mom's side of the family...it was crazy, loud, and great to see everyone.

New Year's...went to a crazy party!  Just kidding!  haha  I went to the country club for dinner with my mom, Uncle Bob and Aunt Cathy.  It was delicious and we were home by 10...we stayed up to see the ball drop and then straight to bed!

My sister also had her wedding reception!  It was fun and pretty and nice to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while and wont see for while.

And this week...I'm spending time packing up my bags...of course this will only happen when I decide to stop procrastinating (yes...I'm writing this blog because I'm procrastinating on my packing...).  I have two suitcases that can only be 50 lbs each, and my carry-on 40lbs.  While 140 lbs of stuff might seem like a lot...things really add up quickly!  I have a huge pile sitting on my bedroom floor...I'm kind of hoping it will jump in the suitcases by itself...pretty sure that actually wont happen!  :)  Also to fill up my time, I'm sure I'll spend some time picking up last minute things from Target (it's the store I miss the most in Honduras!) and also last minute lunches and coffee dates (it's definitely not about the coffee...coffee here is terrible!!!!) with some of the people I'll miss (I'm sad I wont be able to spend time with all the people I'll miss...)

No comments:

Post a Comment