Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The ants go marching...

Something I forgot about while in the States...getting bit by ants and mosquitoes..don't worry they've given me a welcome back to Honduras.  These little buggers just kind of sneak up on your and before you know it you've been bit!  And these ants, they call them crazy ants...they're small and are everywhere and I'm not sure if they call them crazy ants because they scurry around with no purpose as if they're crazy, or if they're called crazy ants because they drive you crazy!!!  Thankfully the bite of the ants doesn't bother you for long, it hurts for a few minutes then it's gone.  The mosquitoes on the other hand, they leave their mark for a while...and the buzzing sound is annoying, but at least you know something is going to attack you and you can run for cover!

Speaking of ants...I'm moving!  :)  I'll be moving into my new house this week (the exact day will depend on when I actually get a bed...everything is a project in Honduras and this is no different)!  And why did this make me think of ants, well...my house has some ants.  I only saw a few of them the other day when I stopped by to see if it was ready, but these ants were HUGE...think of an ant on steroids!  They call them zompopos...I googled about them, but decided not knowing a lot about bugs is a better option for me!

Pictures of the new house coming soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment