Saturday, July 23, 2011

Still here...

I'm still here in the States...a few more weeks until I head back to Honduras.  Currently there's not just a heat wave here, but a heat dome...whatever that means.  It's hot for New England...high 90's low 100's...now for those of you in Honduras I'm sure you're thinking that's a normal temp range and for those of us here to stop complaining.  The news reporters tell people to stay in their air conditioned houses, not to go outside unless it's absolutely necessary, locate cooling centers if you don't have AC...etc, etc, etc.  Kind of make me chuckle because in Honduras you just sweat a little more, drink more water, carry your umbrella, sit a little closer to the fan and go about your day because most people don't have AC and there definitely aren't cooling centers.

The next few weeks will be busy...packing up my suitcases, last minute visits with friends and family, annnnnnnnnnd I get to meet my niece (my sister is due the 29th and I can't wait!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment