Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Today is a lazy Saturday.  Lucy went off to San Marco to teach English and I have the house to myself...well...kind of to myself.  The door is open so I have different visitors that stop by to say hello.

For some reason this weekend seems to be going by very slowly, which you would think would be a good thing, but you see, I can't wait for Monday to come!  There's a team coming down from the States and I can't wait to see them!  It's been over a year and  a half since I've seen most of them!!!  Thankfully Monday is a holiday so we don't have school, which means I can head to the city and greet them at the airport!  :)  It's going to be like Christmas in October...seeing some of my favorite people, getting a new laptop (yes...my computer is still freaking out from when I dropped it on the floor...so someone is bringing a replacement...), and other random stuff being brought from the states!  :)

And just because I think pictures add a little color to my blog...here's my lunch!

Rice, beans and...bananas (green boiled ones of course)!
Oh!  I thought I'd tell you a funny little thing...or at least I think you'll think it's funny!  The other day someone shook my hand and commented on how soft my hands were.  Then they concluded that my hands are so soft because I don't work.  I do work...just not frequent manual labor!  :)

 Ok, I know you were probably hoping for a more interesting blog after my week long hiatus...sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Umm.... I'm excited for Monday as well! : ) Got lots of goodies for you ma'am!

    ReplyDelete