Friday, June 18, 2010

Less than two months...

That's how long it is until I leave the States and head to Honduras. I'm nervous but also wicked excited.

So, for some background on me and what I'll be doing...

I've traveled to Honduras over a dozen times with short term medical teams and fell in love with the people and feel the Lord has placed a burden on my heart for them. So, after quite a few trips I decided I needed to brush up on my Spanish and spent about 3 months in language school. It was AMAZING! My love for the people of Honduras continued to grow, and I continued traveling a few times a year for a few weeks at a time. Then, a dear friend of mine asked me what I thought about teaching at a bilingual school for a year. Umm...a year? Can I do that? I'm not a teacher, and a whole year??? Well, after thinking about it and praying about it, I thought, well...I'll just get some information on it and see where it goes. My fears and concerns were all selfish and God started to open up doors and windows and I could clearly see His hand in it all. So, to wrap it all up, I'll be volunteering for the school year at a bilingual Christian school and I am so excited and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!

(This post is for you Stinky...since you think my blog is boring. I promise once I'm actually in Honduras there will be a plethora of postings for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment